I suggest you take a few moments to see this short video about the detrimental effects of our added sugar consumption. We are eating way too much added sugars. At the end of the video it gives you 5 tips for healthier living which I summarized here:
1. Avoid sugary drinks – Choose carbonated water, water, and self made tea instead. Sugary drinks like sodas, juices, and most drinks that come in a bottle or can have tons of added sugar with little nutrition and offer no satiety.
2. Read labels carefully – You will notice most processed foods are loaded with sugars (Anything over 10-12 grams per serving is probably too much) with very little nutrients like fiber and protein.
3. Exercise Daily- 30 minutes per day can reduce stress, control blood sugar, and reduce cravings.
4. Avoid processed low-fat food – low fat foods can be bad for you because they replace the flavor from lost fat with added sugar and salt, which is then converted to fat in your body.
5. Add fiber – Aim for 25-30 grams of fiber per day. It is high in vitamins and antioxidants and makes you feel fuller for longer.
Take 5 minutes to watch this video from Dr. Mercola who breaks down a study regarding anti-inflammatory spices.
It is important to eat low-inflammatory foods every day because Inflammation is the root cause of most chronic diseases!
The great thing about this study is that it measured anti inflammatory effect of spices found in peoples blood when consumed in normal amounts that you can eat when just adding the spices to your food, not in mega doses or pill forms.
The study found that the top 4 spices that have a significant anti-inflammatory amount by comparing tumor necrosis factor levels, which is a pro inflammatory cytokine found in our body are:
Read Dr. Mercolas full article here for additional foods that are anti-inflammatory.
Start Living a Happy Life
I will help you make changes in your life that will
result in a healthier future for you and your family.